Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Key ingredients for an intelligent Knowledgebase

A paradigm shift necessary to fuel KnowledgeBase 2.0 concepts.

The neglect of the obvious has been fatal to the development of scientific thought. The false conception of an intelligent knowledgebase as a means of “reading your mind” in my opinion largely vitiated the practical approach to intelligence. The view set forth in my next blog is merely academic: Key ingredients for an intelligent Knowledgebase

  1. Proactively engage by monitoring my activity on the website thus intercepting my requests for assisted service
  2. Adapt to my level of expertise, channel of interaction (cellphone, website, IVR) and locality
  3. Learn and harvest the community knowledge
  4. Inform and notify about its usefulness, performance and areas of improvement

No comments: